Wednesday, January 8, 2014

December is the hardest month

Wow, I have been horrible at updating. I shouldn't be surprised, I have every intention of keeping this blog up, but really:
(a) there are no updates or
(b) the updates are hard to write about at the time, and then I get distracted by shiny objects.

I might as well start with December. I am backdating these posts because I've always wanted to time travel. Pay no attention to having actually been created in March.

December and I don't really get along. Christmas is extremely hard when you are childless not by choice. Out of all the holidays, it hits you the hardest. You witness the kids in your life giddy with excitement over wrapped presents. The moms are all discussing about what happened at school, or how their kids are progressing, or the newest thing that they've started to do.

If you're REALLY lucky, you get a comment from an exasperated mom about how her kids are a handful, and doesn't she wish she could just give you one?

Thank God for wine.



Truth is, I would be doing all those things if I had a child. I can't fault people for having kids, or wanting to talk about them. The situation sucks, it's difficult and sometimes I just want to go home and cry. (Confession: sometimes I do.)

Years of this hard journey has made me a bit better dealing with things. I still get sad. I don't think that will ever change. But I choose to harp on it less.

This leads me to my next post...